Monday 7 May 2012

One Word Animation - Storyboards

My storyboards, expanded versions of my three favorite ideas from my brainstorms:





Arachnophobia (fear of spiders). I like this word/idea because I am able to use the animation to help explain the definition of arachnophobia without it becoming too symbolic. I also like that it is easy to give a story to the characters and make it fun so the animation becomes a performance.



Stealthy. This idea was one of my favorites because it gave the letters the most personality. If I properly executed this idea I think it could become quite comic as I would want to make each letter a character of their own rather than have the word perform as a whole. To make this piece more interesting I put in the idea of having one of the letters do the opposite of the word to add a new element to the animation.







Seasons. I really like this idea as, although it is one of the more complicated of my ideas, i think it would force me to explore a lot more new ways to do things on flash rather than just learn to do one thing for the whole word. I would want to make each season very different from the last by bringing in new features of flash. I also think this idea would be effectively enhanced by the use of sound effects as noises of nature could be added to help represent each season.




















No comments:

Post a Comment