Thursday 29 March 2012

Design 101 Project 6

I chose to base my individual technical drawing on a piece of art by Leonardo Da Vinci (see inspiration post for source.) I wanted to investigate and experiment with his use of hierarchy where he focusses on one area so it is much bolder and more detailed that the rest of his drawing which is much more sketchy and unfinished. I also wanted to attempt his use of layering many transparent objects on top of one another so you can still see the many objects coming through underneath creating a depth that would not be present if the objects were opaque. Da Vinci's use of both black and brown ink also appealed to me as it opened up the opportunity to add a new level of contrast, taking a step beyond just black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment