Sunday 17 June 2012

History of Stop Motion

To come to a final idea I have investigated the history of stop motion to help give me inspiration for a final idea. Stop motion began in the 1990s and is an idea that is almost as old as film itself. The idea of stop motion can be credited to Albert E. Smith and J. Stuart Blackton who first used the technique in 1897 for The Humpty Dumpty Circus. The main idea behind their creation was for inanimate objects to appear to be moving as if by magic.

The idea of using stop motion appeals to me as it seems to be a more design approach to film making as it allows far more artistic license in the way you design the process. I appreciate this as it means I could bring in painting, drawing or sculptures. All aspects that would be harder to bring in to a movie done simply on a film camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment