Thursday 4 October 2012

5 Images of my Application


I chose this as one of my 5 images as I think it nicely represents the 4 main settings to my system. Although it can often seem like there are lots of bits and pieces and hundreds of smaller components going on in my system such, back up plans,  different style maps, a points system ect, everything can be filed under these 4 groups.
I also thought this was a good representation of the kind of style I have given my system, where everything is very simple but has a bit of flair to it.


This picture is from under my info setting and shows they kind of statistics that would be made avaliable to the viewer. I chose this shot as I think the my info part is one of the elements that makes app more than just a glorified gps, this gives a personal element to the whole system by showing how you can use the app for so much more than just getting directions.



I am particuarlly fond of the 'messages' element of my app because there is nothing more frustrating than trying to track down a tutor or lecturer at uni. Its one thing to try and find a static room let alone a mobile person. The messages function allows students to exchange information on the last known whereabouts of staff members. I also like that this almost serves as a reminder that this app is all about other people, its a interactive system.


This photo shows a map depicting the most popular route of the users direction request. This is what the user is given is no live 'guide' is going the same way to provide live directions. This shows how the app has back up options and alternatives. I have tried to spend alot of time thinking of all scenarios that could occur with this app and coming up with solutions such as this.


Finally, this is a close up map of the users location and other online users they could follow for directions. Although all my maps have a few issues with readability and clarity i think this one is definitely the easiest to follow and read, probably down to the simplicity and road names. All my maps could use some refining to make my app more user friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment