Thursday 18 October 2012

Final Mouse Toy

These are screen shots from my final code. I a very happy with how it has turned out, I like that it is simple but still engaging and has a very distinct fun/cute vibe to it that attracts the audience to play.
As a whole I think the combination of the simplicity of the interactions, the sound effects,  graphics and ideas behind my game create a fun, very easy to use and highly highly addictive application which is exactly the kind of results I was looking to get out of my game.

In one of the first lectures we were asked to consider what the user will learn from our game and if it will still be fun to use once they have learnt it or does it quickly become repetitive and boring? I constantly asked myself this throughout the designing process to make sure that my game kept the user entertained for more than ten seconds.
I think that although it comes clear quite quickly everything my game has to offer, the variation in the interaction (never knowing when they will pop back to full size or what direction the critters will go in) and the fact that it is impossible to get them all small at the same time keeps the user entertained and addicted and it is easy to become mesmerized and keep playing without even really realizing!




No comments:

Post a Comment