Tuesday 25 September 2012

Creating Critters


To bring my application more to life, I want my cicles to start to take on personality and a life of there own to try and loose some of the 'control' element they have quite a lot of at the moment.

To do this I want to transform my circles into sea "critters" - still using sea urchins as a precedent - by adding elements that make them appear more as individual thinking creations rather than programmed reactants.

So far my ideas are...
- add eyes that follow the curser around the screen - this is to induce the idea that the critters are nervous of the mouse.
- have the critters move away from the mouse when it comes close as it they are scared, also makes it unpredictable as to which direction each critter will jump away from the mouse in,
- adjust the shape so that when the critter sucks in it is a circle but when it it fully out it is a unique shape (possibly spikey)

I have found inspiration to develop my critters from http://www.rmx.cz/monsters/  

- this is a website for 'processing monsters', I want to adapt some of the code on here such as eyes moving to use in my own design.

Above is a screen shot of some of the monsters found on the monster processing site. I thought this was a good example of how just adding eyes and an interesting body shape already makes them appear more alive and FUN!




No comments:

Post a Comment