Thursday 27 September 2012

Where to Next?

What will make my application FUN TO USE?

To try and make my app stand out, grab the audiences attention and maintain it I am incorportating a lot of different interactions. Although most of them are very simple because there are so many it should take the user some time to work them all out, plus the user will then want to try out certain actions again and again (eg. exploding one of the sea critters to make lots of little ones) which will keep them enteratined.
The life given to the critters as well should add to the fun element by creating a cute cartoony app has a lot of visual elements such as bright colours for the benefit of the user plain gemoetric shapes and colours, this way it also gives the interactions more meaning. Ie. without the critters there would seem to be no purpose to why they shy away from the mouse.


Next Steps....
Will be to work out how to put a timer on the sucked in critters to get them to randomly pop out again. Also to work out how to make all the circles different colours that possibly change when they bump into one another. Next step will be adding the running away from mouse effect I have on one circle to multiple circles. Once I have all of these effects down I want to start adding the characteristics to my critters; shape, eyes etc. Finally I want to add the shaking into exploding more critters effects to complete my coding.
As I do struggle with code, drawing up a step by step diagram of what to do will be the best option to get down exactly what needs to happen when and how.


No comments:

Post a Comment