Sunday 30 September 2012

Final Colour Schemes/ Colour effects

I wanted to try and make it so when the critters popped back to full shape they would change colour however I couldnt get the timing right on my code so instead the colours change randomly every so often.
I actually prefer this as it is much more subtle so it takes awhile for the user to realize that it is happening but it make the critters have a bit more life of there own and stops them from being so static.


I then had to decide on the colour scheme of my code. Originally I wanted to stick to 5 or 6 bright coral colours however by adding the random changing colour element it meant that I ended up getting heaps of colours i didn't want because I had no control over what random colours were selected.

This is a screen shot of when I made the colour range values from 0 to 255 on all RGB meaning there 'random' function had free range to create any colour:

Although I do like that the colours emphasize the cartoon like features of my game, i wanted my application to have more of a theme and not seem so random, I thought that this made the features seem less linked.

To fix this I changed my code to a greeney/blue colour scheme that still allowed for a lot of variation but kept to the underwater critters effect from my original idea.
This is the kind of colours that are produced :
I like the way these critters seem to sync with the background and appear to have more of a purpose.


No comments:

Post a Comment